Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Bahama's are calling...

As a lot of you know by now, Brett and I are going on our first cruise this Fall to the white sand beaches of the Bahamas!!! Exciting business :}

It is our 5th year anniversary this coming June, so we're using that as our excuse to get away on our first ever cruise and also our first time, for us both to go to the Bahamas! I even get to get a passport for the first time! Exciting stuff, right?!

I've already purchased three swimming suits and two swimsuit cover ups for when I'm walking around the ship or the beach. One of my swimming suits is my first EVER bikini! I just ordered it last night, so I'll have to see how it looks. I definitely don't want to look like a sack of potatoes especially on a cruise to the Bahama's baby!

When we get to the Nassau island Brett has his heart set on either doing a beginner's scuba diving excursion, OR snorkeling. Neither of those sound like my cup of tea, but I'll do it still because he wants to and to also say that is something I tried! It should be a great time...

If anyone has ever gone a cruise to the Bahama's let me know how you liked it!
I'm counting down the MONTHS!!!!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I am SO incredibly jealous! You guys will have a blast! I also think that once you try snorkeling you'll love it. I do! (I've never gone scuba diving but I'm sure that's fun too.)

P.S. I want to see picturs of your new swimming suits! Yay for your first ever bikini - you'll look rockin'! =]

Krista and Aaron said...

Yay for the Bahama's! Im so jealous. Im sure you will look slammin' in your new bikini! Im nervous to wear my new one at the end of this month on our crusie. It will be my first time in one post-Gavo! (P.S. one of our ports is ENSANADA!) :( Maybe you could train me in a 4 week bikini body course? :)

Witter and Kway said...

I am so jealous......More than anyone! You are really going to be able to pull off that bikini!

Brett & Brittany said...

I wish you all could come with me, now THAT would be fun! I'm glad I've got a little while before I attempt to get into a two piece suit. Its definitely my motivation to get into killer shape this year!

Kridda, you'll look great in your bikini! If you want, come and workout with me and you'll never want to take your bikini off again :D P.s. I can't wait to hear all about your cruise too!

samiandcase said...

B like you would ever look like a sack of potatoes

Janean said...

bahamas was gorgeous. thats where our honeymoon was. love loved it! we were on grand bahama island, and apparently nassau is supposed to be siiiiiiick. pirates was shot there. take millions of pics. we cant wait to go back. i want to try nassau, so let me know how u like it. :)

Brynnly and Alan said...

The Bahama's was my very first cruise. It is so stunningly beautiful! You will love it! We rented wave runners on the beach and that was so amazing! I'm so excited for you to go on a cruise! It really is such a fun experience and you will fall in love with cruises!
I can't believe you haven't owned a bikini before! You have the body for it! Why haven't you ever owned one? Just FYI, you will look better than most people on that cruise. People in general are over weight. Look around you when you are on the boat. You will feel pretty rockin in your 2 piece!