Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I didn't know Twilight was a comedy...

Samantha & I before the movie began

Jessie P. & I

Sambo & I at the movie theater

JP & Sambo

JP & Sami at dinner before going to the movie


So us girls decided to get together for dinner & to go see the Twilight movie.
Unfortunately Kridda's family was sick so she couldn't come. We missed you Kridda!

We went to dinner & had LOTS to talk about :) Thank you blog stalking!!!
Then we headed to the movie theater to watch the highly anticipated movie, Twilight.
Jessie P & I hadn't seen it yet, but this was Samantha's 3rd time!
From what JP & I had heard from others about the movie was:

1: Its really good!
2: The movie stays true to the book
3: There are "some" cheesy parts
4: Edward actually is hot when you see the movie

Lots to look forward to, right? That's what we thought too, but boy...were we in for a rude awakening!!!!

Let me just say that those who said there were "some" cheesy parts were being kind! To be realistic for those who haven't seen the movie yet, the WHOLE movie
was 99% cheese!!!

You know the kinds of giggles/rolling laughter you get on RARE occasions when you HAVE to be quiet??? Like when someone is saying a prayer, or singing in public but is really, really bad & you want to just laugh as hard as you can but you just can't! THAT is what I experienced for over 2 hours. I was shaking in my seat from laughing that hard!

JP & I LOST it when Bella walked into Chemistry class & Edward picked up her scent. I was attempting, but miserably failing to hold in spontaneous laughter while Edward "attempted" to act his little heart out, but miserably failed as well!
I leaned over to Jessie P. during the movie and asked if we were watching the same movie everyone else had been saying was "so good".

Regardless, I would still recommend people going to see this show {to the matinee of course for cheaper tickets} for simply to get a good laugh. Make sure you take friends with you who will also see the humor in it, because really...it makes it that much funnier & easier to endure.

What is my final review of the movie you ask?

1: Twilight was really funny, compliments to the HORRIBLE acting "skills"
2: The movie did stay very true to the book...but the book was MUCH better!
3: The ENTIRE movie is totally cheesy
4: Edward, to me, is still dog ugly!

Thanks girls for a fun evening! I would do it all over again in a heart beat :D

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok so I'm still laughing about when she walked into biology!!! However I don't feel as stronly against it as you. I will say the acting was PAINFUL!!!! I thought he got HOT but other than that it was trying to hard to put all the "good" parts of the book jammed into a short movie so it was cheesy line after cheesy line! So TWO words to wrap ut the evening... AND SCENE!!!!
But it was sooo fun! Don't see the Movie if you havne't read the book, you will NEVER want to read the book!

Anonymous said...

You girls look so dang cute!

I was so t.o'd. I swear they didn't even TRY to make Bella look decent. Oh and I love the part when he glitters in the woods! Freaking hilarious/cheese-ball!

4 Week Slimdown said...

1st of all you look so cute and looks like your guys had fun!
2nd of all I totally disagree with you! I loved the movie and can't get edward out of my head. I have talked to my other friends and they can't get over his hotness! britt what is wrong with you!
haha :)

4 Week Slimdown said...

But yes i do agree there were some cheesy parts but I didn't think there were enough to where I didn't love the movie. I got totally lost in the movie and saw it 2 times in one day :) this was last saturday :)
When we came home I wanted porter to dress up like edward and bite me!