Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two Years Ago Today...


Two years ago today, Brett and I got sealed at the Salt Lake City Temple.
It took us THREE years to get a temple sealing clearance, so this day was something that was very extra special to us because like a lot of things in life, it did not come easy or quick for us to be able to have what we wanted.
It was a BEAUTIFUL sunny and surprisingly warm day. I didn't even need a jacket!

Below I am with my Grandma & Grandpa Willey after we had just gotten sealed. It was a BEAUTIFUL and sunny day. I would of loved having my Grandma & Grandpa Flanders, but they both passed away in 2005. I secretly carried a picture of them with me in the temple so that I could still have them apart of our special day.

Life in the married lane isn't necessarily easy - OR always a "gripping" ride, BUT it is rewarding when you work together as a team and finally reach the goals that you work SO hard for! This day was nothing short of a miracle - it was such a sweet experience to have all of our family and close friends there to support us.
So when/if things are challenging in your relationship reflect back to the basics and remember times like these in your life that have depth & meaning...these are the important things in life and love.

I love you Brett
Thank you for this beautiful time 2 years ago today...

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That was such a sweet post. You two are a great couple and look perfect together.

Thanks again for hosting Bachelor night last night! It was a blast!

Brett & Brittany said...

Thanks Danielle! Your so sweet :) It was so fun to have you girlies come over last night for a healthy dinner!

Brynnly and Alan said...

That is so neat and you know I relate. ;) Makes it so special! Thank you for the great post!